Hi guys, today I’d like to tell you how you can soothe dry skin on your face. Recently I’ve had a horrible cold. I’ve noticed that my skin got very dry during the time I was ill. It made me wonder if it’s just me or not. My sister had a cold at the same time and she confirmed that her skin got worse as well. So what did I do next? I’ve called my mum and asked her to ask her therapist all about it. My mum has the most amazing beauty therapist, educated and on top of all things skin related, so I knew she would be able to help me writing this article. So why does our skin got dry during the cold and, the most important thing is, how to repair dry skin afterwards.
First, comes first. It’s a pity, but according to the facial therapist, if your skin got dry or irritated after an illness it means that something is unbalanced in your body. It makes sense. When you are ill, your body suffers and this affects your organs. Skin is one of them. Please note that, if you have a rash it might mean that your body is intoxicated.
I’m not a doctor, so I won’t be telling you how to recover from the cold or intoxication. If you suffer from major skin rash or have super dry skin constantly, I’d recommend to maybe see your GP, dermatologist and facial therapist. But if you have occasional dry skin issues like I did, I’d recommend to reading my tips on how to soothe dry skin on the face.
Do’s to soothe dry skin
– Use lightweight face serum or moisturiser. The first thing I would do is to apply a thick layer of the heaviest moisturiser and would be so wrong! Our face will naturally produce some oils to get back to normals, so we should just let it repair flaky skin. You are allowed to hydrate your skin with very light serum, this will help. But avoid heavy creams and other skincare products. (forget about beauty oils)
– Balance your diet. It’s important to eat clean and provide your body with nutritious food. This will help your body to recover, detoxify and work properly.
– Drink still water. Your skin contains plenty of water and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. Dehydration makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled, which can be improved with proper hydration.
Don’ts to soothe dry skin
– Avoid washing your face too much. Don’t use your normal face wash, especially if it’s a foaming one! Ideally use a thermal water for your face regime. Spray water generously on your face to soothe dry skin, give it some time to soak into the skin. Then, using a clean paper tissue, remove excess water.
– Don’t use scrubs or exfoliators. To be honest, I was very surprised with this recommendation. The first logical thing to do for me would be to remove dry skin and refresh the surface. But this is a huge mistake of mine! The beauty therapist recommends to giving your skin some rest and time to recover. Don’t use any scrubs, just leave the skin alone.
– Don’t rub your skin. Avoid any contact with skin as much as possible to help it soothe quicker.
Your skin should start to feel better quickly. If not then it’s recommended to see a dermatologist. I hope these skin care tips will help you to soothe dry skin quick. You might also like to read my article on how to manage eczema and avoid eczema flare up!
QUESTION OF THE DAY?
What do you do to hydrate your skin if it gets dry?
Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin. Just press a + button bellow!
Yuliya at Yukova Blog x | Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and Facebook @yukovadesign