Are you struggling to take your life to the next level? It’s easy to find an excuse to be lazy about your life. Believe it or not, but you are in control of your life and your own results. Regardless of whether you choose to take the wheel or not, you’re in the driver’s seat. Moreover, if you are not actively achieving your own goals, then 100% you are helping somebody else to make their goals become a reality.
Sadly, if you don’t believe you are in control of your life, then you cannot change your situation. On the other hand, if you are ready to take a responsibility for your life and progress, here are my effective 3-step guide on how to take your life to the next level.
ORGANISE YOUR OFFICE
First thing first, you need to organise an office space. Where you work affects how you work. Working in a cluttered, messy, or distracting environment will affect your work, and, most likely, in a negative way.
On the other hand it’s very beneficial to spend a couple of days de-cluttering your office from all the old, broken and unnecessary things. In the end you will feel like you have gained a lot of energy from the process. Additionally, believe it or not, your daily work will start taking less time to finish.
I also suggest creating a couple of signs, for example from signomatic.co.uk, for your office door and store/office front door. This will help your potential customers to find you faster. Moreover, your business will look more professional, which will attract attention.
As an addition, it’s beneficial to create a couple of name badge signs for yourself and your colleagues. It will greatly help the communication with your clients or when you are visiting a local business event. This will definitely help you to take your life to the next level.
Office organisation check list
- Organise your drawers with the name labels
- Use storage boxes & containers
- Organize your desk accessories
- De-clutter and organize your laptop & desktop
- Have inspirational reminders
It would be great if you could take it even further, and declutter every space in your house, such as wardrobe, kitchen, storage etc. Living in a clean and organised space make your days much easier and more pleasant. On the other hand, working in an organised environment helps you to focus and be more productive!
READ RELATED: 3 THINGS YOU LEARN WHEN YOU DECLUTTER YOUR CLOSET.
KEEP YOUR FINANCE IN ORDER
If you want to take your life to the next level, you have to sort out your finances. This is one of the most important things and you can’t skip this step.
Clarity is the key when it comes to your budget, especially if you would like to increase your income. Therefore, it’s always helpful to know exactly how much you will be spending this month as well as what your income is going to be.
How to organise your finances?
- Create a monthly budget.
- Class savings as fixed outgoings. Safe 10% of all income. You are aiming to safe your 6-month’s expenses/spendings to cover rent, food etc, then 1 year and 2.
- Pay all your bills on time.
- Avoid credit cards and borrowing money.
- Use online banking to stay up to date with your balance.
- Unsubscribe from all the services you are not using anymore.
- Use personal finances website to stay organised!
SET UP THE GOALS AND CREATE A CLEAR PLAN
Goals big and small can be the stepping-stones to a happier life. Moreover, the way we set them can make a difference to achieving them. Here is how I suggest approaching goal-setting. This works for me and, I am sure, this will work for you too.
- Choose a beautiful notebook that is going to inspire you.
- Decide what you would like to achieve. Write it down.
- Make sure your goal has a clear indication of the date when you would like this to become true.
- Be very specific with the date, result, amount etc. For example, if you would like to increase your income, make sure you mention “by the date X I earn £300 pounds more every month during 2018”.
- Tell your friend.
- Make a first step within 48 hours.
- Keep going and stay focused.
- Celebrate your achievement. This is crucial. You cannot skip this step! Only when we appreciate our efforts and celebrate the achievements, we feel inspired to progress further. This positive experience in your life will grow and get stronger with every little victory.
So here we go. This is my very effective 3-step system on how to take your life to the next level. Organising your space + getting rid of things you do not use and do not need; organising your finances and budget; and finally creating a clear plan of achieving the goals will definitely help you to progress. Make sure you have fun during this journey, enjoy good and learn from bad. Stay focus and keep up a great work. Good luck!
READ NEXT: START YOUR LIFE FROM SCRATCH.